November 29, 2009

Canvas flower tutorial

This flower is really fun and easy to make and the supply list is not to long either =)



What you need is :
A piece of canvas
Tim Holtz distress reinkers
Ranger Crackle Accents
Water(I love my mini mister)
Scissors
A small paintbrush
and your blending tool with a foam pad attached.
Make sure you have a nonporous work space. I use my Ranger craft mat



Cut 3 circles in different sizes out of your canvas. Pick your colors of reinkers. Here I'm using Aged Mahogany and Peeled Paint, With your dropper drip some on to your mat and add water, the more water the lighter the color will be. I like to color the different layers in different shades(of the same color)


Using your blending tool, color the canvas front and back and let dry
When dry paint on a thick layer of Crackle Accent and place on top of each other



Using the handle part of your paint brush, gently push the edges of the circles in toward the center of the flower. You will find that the canvas with Crackle accent is very easy to work with. Squeeze a little extra using your hands. Your flower is now almost done
Remember to get all this done while the Crackle Accents is still wet.
To make leafs, cut leaf shapes out of the canvas fabric.

Color them with reinker and paint with Crackle Accents the same way as you did with the flower, I used Peeled paint reinker here. Fold along the middle of the long side and scrounge together as in picture 14, gently open and your leaf will have a nice shape. Place where wanted under the flower while Crackle accent is still wet. The Crackle Accent works perfect as glue

In the middle of the flower I used Kaiser half pearls. You can use bling or beads or anything else you like to use.


Here is some flowers I made earlier using Broken China and Mustard Seed reinkers

Have fun making the flowers, they look great on your pages, cards or other projects
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week I'm featured on Scrappehuset a great Norwegian challenge blog, Ruffa translated my paperflower tutorial to Norwegian and it was posted there today together with lots of my heritage inspired LO's You can see it right here =)

10 comments:

  1. wawwwww Gine, såååå flot, 10000 tak at du deler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FaAANTASTISKE blomster. Tak for ideen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really cool! thanks for the tutorial!!!
    xoxo,
    ja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tutorial Gine!
    Thank you for sharing this with us, you RAWK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. doesn't that craft mat just make life easier!! I love mine. Thanks for sharing...gotta get some canvas LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gine! Thanks for sharing this tutorial - I can't wait to try them. They are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the canvas flowers...of course! Check out this site for awesome free images each day! How nice!http://countdown.tentwostudios.com/01lmrx/

    ReplyDelete
  8. åh.. Gine, noe så lekkert!tusen takk for at du viser oss. Denne må jeg jammen prøve meg på :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the Canvas flower tutorial. Would love to create one immediately after commenting. Like the finish product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this !! Tanks for sharing, and gonna try this out for shure.
    I linked your tutorial on my blog, I hope you don't mind..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it and will answer you here as soon as I can if you have any question
Have a wonderful creative day =)